[This post originally appeared on Medium: https://medium.com/honeyminer/7-easy-steps-to-optimize-honeyminer-for-windows-defender-db64a71f4f65]
Honeyminer runs secured mining applications that have been compiled in-house under thorough review — however some antiviruses may detect that Honeyminer contains cryptocurrency mining software and issue a false positive alert that it may be unwanted.
This article will walk through the following topics:
- Why anti-virus software targets cryptocurrency mining software
- How to setup an exclusion for Honeyminer in Windows Defender
2. Click “Open Windows Defender Security Center”.
4. Click “Threat history”.
5. Under Quarantined Items, first click the dropdown arrow to reveal the “See details” link and then click that.
6. Verify that the file quarantined is a HoneyMiner executable file. You may need to check through a few of these quarantined items (if there is more than one).
7. Once you have confirmed that it is a Honeyminer executable, click the “Restore” button for that file.
You can now toggle mining off and on within the Honeyminer application window to resume mining.
Congratulations, you are now up and running!
If you are using an antivirus software that is not Windows Defender, please see below references for other AV Software exceptions and quarantine processes.
Download Honeyminer and start earning Bitcoin today.Honeyminer - Welcome
Honeyminer is brand new and may not be recognized by your computer's security software. Most will not alert you, if…honeyminer.com
Hopefully, the above information gets you mining ASAP. If you have any questions or want to join the active community please: